Thai Sea Food Blog : Ingredients
- 3 meaty crabs
- 1 cup ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. minced coriander root
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. fine breadcrumbs
- 2 cups cooking oil
coriander leaves and shreds of red spur chilli
Thai Sea Food Blog : Preparation
1. Wash the crabs and then steam them whole. When done, remove all the meat, saving the shells for stuffing.
2. Knead together the crabment, port, coriander root, garlic, pepper, soy sauce, salt, and one egg. When well mixed, pack this filling into the crab shells.
3. Pour the oil into a frying pan and place on medium heat.
4. Beat the remaining egg well, dab the beaten egg onto the exposed surface of the filling, and then sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
5. When the oil is hot, put the crabs into it with the exposed surface of the filling downward. When the surface of the filling turns golden brown, lift the crabs from the oil, drain, garnish with coriander leaf and chilli shreds, and serve with chilli sauce.
Use : Almost all Thai dishes - soups, curries, salads, sauces and pan-fried dishes ? contain garlic.
Medicinal Properties : Cures and prevents atherosclerosis, high blood pressure, aids digestion, relieves cold symptoms, fights some intestinal parasites, helps heal wounds, fights infections, strengthens heart, and clears chest congestion.
Method of Preparation : Garlic is ground in curry paste, crushed in salad dressings, or chopped and fried before adding to other ingredients in pan fried dishes.