Pla Kaphong Khao Neung Manao
"Sea Perch Steamed in Lime Sauce"
Thai Sea Food Blog : Ingredients
- 1 sea perch weighing 500-600 grams
- 15 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped spring onion
- 15 hot chillies
- 2 tsp. finely chopped coriander root
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
Thai Sea Food Blog : Preparation
1. Scale, clean and wash the fish. Score both sides attractively with a knife and then place on a dish.
2. Just break open the chillies in a mortar and then mix them with the chicken stock, coriander root, fish sauce, and lime juice so that a sour taste is predominant. Pour this sauce over the fish and then sprinkle with the garlic and spring onion.
3. After the water has begun to boil, place the fish in a steamer on high heat and steam until done (about 15 minutes). Serve hot.
Thai Ingredients Today
"Nam Manao (Lime Juice)"
Use : as ingredient in Yam, Tom Yam and Kaeng Som and also as beverage.
Medicinal Properties: Relieves coughs, sore throat, swollen gum, tooth bleeding, constipation, dizziness, the lack of Vitamin C, and phlegm.
Method of Preparation: Squeeze limes for lime juice and add lime juice to food as desired.